Friday, October 8, 2010

Being Squishy Makes Getting Things Done Hard...

Today, was the long awaited arrival of our foam mattress topper.  I was very pleased to discover, after getting it out of its impossibly small box, that it wasn't very stinky at all and would be quite fine for sleeping on tonight.  What I hadn't anticipated was how difficult it would be to maneuver around once it expanded again!

I built the frame for my rectangle loom today, but then discovered that I cannot find my teeny tiny drill bit (I should have just bought one when I was at Home Depot like I told myself I should).  Since there are 400 pins to be nailed in, I think I will wait until I get one to predrill the holes and save myself from wanting to stab myself  with a pitchfork!   The building of it went well though, given my meager carpentry skills.  It's not as pretty as the $400 oak ones, but it's functional and only cost me $15.   ($17 when I get the new drill bits!)

I did have  momentary episode with a crow that was confused and thought he was a chicken.  He's been practicing different imitations all month, and today's subject was chicken.  He was sitting outside going "Baawwk?"  "Bawwk?!" .... "Bawwk!!" for almost half an hour.   I didn't have the heart to tell him that I firmly believe that God only put chickens on the planet to be eaten!

The rest of my day was spent pretending that I was going to accomplish something and doing very little other than knitting three lace repeats on the sweater I am working on.  The upside is that it's nothing but knit rows from here out, so the rest of it should fly by!

John has to work tomorrow, which makes me have a /sad, but at least I am staying home from knitting tonight so we will have that time together.  Hopefully we can have some reading time.  It's been a while since we read a chapter in the Lord of the Rings, and I do love listening to him read.

I do apologize for my lack of pictorial evidence lately.  I suppose I could say that it's because I've been too busy, but I guess that doesn't fly so well after a blog post about how lazy I was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment