Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Being Unemployed Is Hard Work.

I don't understand how I can have no job, and be constantly so busy I could pull my hair out.  My poor husband used to suffer through, "I'm too tired from work." as an excuse for not having the housework done, and now he has to abide by my decrees that, "My knee hurts too much still to clean well." and "I had to knit all day long." or the ever popular, "But honey, I was dyeing wool!"

Today's escapades involved photographing a second version of my mermaid scarf for Farmhouse Yarns, who will graciously be carrying my pattern across the country, along with working on finishing up a February Lady Sweater with dubious 'fitting' ability.  Nothing like knitting a sweater for someone for someone else with dubious measurements and no way to have them try it on mid-knit!




All is happy in my world though, Farmhouse Yarns has also agreed to carry my 18 Pearls shawl, which is exciting (even if it does mean I have to knit it a THIRD time out of their yarn /gag).  Fall has come, the dreaded heat and humidity have moved off for the year, and it's time to have the snuggly blanket out.   For those who don't know what the snuggly blanket is  yet, it's my electric blanket that got renamed because when it is on both of my animals snuggle up to me like the little heat-leeches that they are!  See the following picture of my cat shamelessly sleeping between two layers of blanket and leeching heat.  You would think that eventually she would start to bake in there, but all I ever get is 'purrr.'

No comments:

Post a Comment